Monday, June 13, 2011

Contentment

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' " Hebrews 13:5

"and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right have of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1b-2

Wow those are some powerful verses, being content with what you have, and fixing our eyes on Jesus the author and perfector of our faith. Yikes! Those are two things that I struggle with on a daily basis. Especially right now, my heart is not content I want to be done with school and on to the next phase of my life, I want to get out and see the world, travel, live my life to the fullest! Have a never ending supply of money so that I can do everything that I want to do.
But bringing myself back to reality I have SO much to be thankful for, such as, an amazing family who is always there for me no matter what, I have a car that runs, a great school, amazing friends, a house, warm bed, and most recently God gave me a job that I have wanted for such a long time! I got a job at a christian bookstore and coffee shop called reachout! I have always wanted to work there, and God worked it all out so that I can! and yet even though I have all of these things to be SO thankful for, I still want more and am not content with were I am in my life and with what I have.
So my prayer is that God will give me a heart of contentment and with joy for life and the amazing life that I live! To be open to new things that He brings into my life, to not be afraid to not always know what is going to happen next. Be open to spontaneous unplanned events and life changing experiences. And most of all to love life and to life it to the Max and to live a life that brings honor and glory to God! A life of contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment